Amicus  

Go Back   Amicus > General Forums > The Patio

Old 12-14-2005   #1
Malvicus
I don't like SPAM!
WoW Characters

Default Ruf Daggerblade: Rogue Extraordinaire?

If any of you guys get in on the Stress Test for DnD Beta, keep an eye out for my rogue. I don't know how to play this game! I'm still trying to figure out combat.
Old 12-14-2005   #2
Reolin
家でニュースは追 する

Reolin Surenote, Elven Bard.. at your service.
Old 12-14-2005   #3
Mushasi
The One

How does that game look so far. I would be interested in playing that when it comes out.

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have any film."
Mushasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #4
Covi
King Gong
WoW Characters

I think I prefer Ruf Daggerblade: Texas Ranger as your title. Please change this immediately, kthx.
Covi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #5
Hawkwind

Kheiron Silvermoon, Elven Ranger (so sexah Legolas has nothing on me!). I should be around Thursday and Friday if people want to try to group together and quest along.

I like the game Mush, but I haven't been able to play much since I have only been able to participate in the previous stress test which lasted five days. For me, it is more along the lines of what I enjoy, and is in the spirit of the D&D theme of dungeon crawling. Many people seem to want to compare it to Guildwars because almost everything is instanced, and there is only one city.

However, the city of Stormreach is quite large, I was unable to explore the whole city since I did not have access to all the areas, but it was pretty big from what I could see. The dungeons are all hand tailored, some quests are short, some quite long (taking about an hour or two at most to finish) but were VERY enjoyable. Tactics matter in battle, and fighting is very furious since it is all real time (you choose when you swing, can dodge into and out of combat with the movement keys and can actively block). Rogues are much needed as traps seem to be very numerous and are extremely deadly (if you trigger one and don't make your saving throw, chances are you will die). Clerics are not just healbots, but are apt fighters, and can wade into battle and hold their own while casting beneficial spells and also some combat spells of their own.

My only concern is that if there are not enough quests and the story line proves not to be compelling enough, that it will lose my interest in the long run. There is no PvP (which I like but I know lots of people enjoy PvP), no crafting (which makes sense in the D&D theme, but I enjoy crafting in Wow to an extent) and no true exploration per say since everything is instanced (but many of those "dungeons" are varied from say a series of tunnels infested with goblins to a huge forest inhabited by ogres). As of now I am enjoying things, I just wish I could get into beta so I can really experience the game to its fullest.

Of course you didn't really hear me say all of this, and I am sure Peanut will kindly overlook this post and pretend it isn't really here
Hawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005   #6
Malvicus
I don't like SPAM!
WoW Characters

I saw nothing.. i read nothing... I know nothing! With that said, I'll try to look for ya thursday or friday eve.