Amicus  

Go Back   Amicus > General Forums > The Patio

Old 11-10-2015   #1
Erthan
WoW Characters

Default Fallout 4

Who got it? What do you think?

I downloaded and started playing it this morning and so far so good although I haven't gotten anywhere besides liquidating my home town for components lol. Fallen over tree? Not in my town!

I got it for my PC which so far I kind of regret. Maybe its because I haven't played a game like this with a mouse and keyboard in a long time. I might have to go get a gamepad which would feel a lot better I think.
Erthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015   #2
Sputt
Increasingly grumpy

Send a message via ICQ to Sputt Send a message via MSN to Sputt
I get the feeling that the game isn't made for KB/M. It has double horizontal sensitivity (can be fixed in the configs) and the UI feels like a rough console port.

The problem with getting a gamepad and playing it on a PC is that you won't have the console version's aim assist. If you change the FOV at all (like I did to avoid motion sickness) your aim will be off to begin with. You can counter that by lowering difficulty or favoring automatic weapons or shotguns, I guess.

I'm undecided so far. Clunky UI and controls alongside motion sickness makes the game difficult to enjoy, but I'm trying to.
Old 11-11-2015   #3
Kascade
WoW Characters

I like it so far. I wouldn't call it Game of the Year but I like it. I was intending to use kb/m but if you have a controller plugged in it defaults to it so I said screw it and have been using a controller.
Kascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015   #4
Kalagrim
Professional Undead
WoW Characters

The only issue I have with using keyboard and mouse is that the dialog choices are very unnatural since they put them on the arrow keys.. it requires completely moving your hands to choose one. Fortunately, I discovered it does allow you to click on the choice you want rather than press the key.

As for a gamepad.. the game most certainly does have aim assist if you use a controller on the PC.

Regardless which input method you use PC is the only platform I would ever consider getting it on. The mod support (despite what Bethesda claims about PS4 or Xbox mod support) makes it an easy choice IMO.
Tiranar - 100 BloodElf Death Knight
Zugnar - 100 Orc Hunter
Kaelinar - 100 BloodElf Paladin
Moragrim - 100 Undead Warlock
Cyra - 100 Tauren Druid
Zulizzak - 100 Troll Shaman
Morgral - 100 Undead Warrior
Barnaj - 100 Undead Rogue

Kalagrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015   #5
Erthan
WoW Characters

Mods were also the reason I got it for PC (plus my rig is too expensive to only play wow on it lol).

You are right Kal the dialogue boxes do feel awkward, also there is a hell of a lot of "do you want to do this" enter/tab moments which can be clicked in most cases but just makes things start to feel pretty choppy.

I imagine some of these annoyances will get patched out or modded out eventually.
Erthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015   #6
Sputt
Increasingly grumpy

Send a message via ICQ to Sputt Send a message via MSN to Sputt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalagrim View Post
As for a gamepad.. the game most certainly does have aim assist if you use a controller on the PC.
That's good to know. I read otherwise, but there's a lot of misinformation when the game is so new.
Old 11-15-2015   #7
Dryzn
<^> Arcane Circle <^>

Unfortunately I had to wait a week before i got to play. Silly AMD vid card probs. Luckily its working now and ive been enjoying it. I feel like a lot of the issues i didnt enjoy in FO3 have been ironed out. And, for those who know my love/hate relationship with crafting, im even enjoying that aspect of it. I dont know that the "Build a Town" part im looking forward to, but otherwise its not bad. Im also playing with a Controller connected to my PC and i really like it. Ive played all the prior installments on console, so at least i get to enjoy a game at full tilt with the ease of playing the way im used to.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
StevenK

I can't wait for the next fallout game!
StevenK is offline   Reply With Quote